Skip to main content

Graduate Student Central

GSSP Student View

Enrollment opens for Spring 2024  on October 25th for on-campus students.

Enrollment opens for EOL students on TBA.

LATE REGISTRATION for Spring 2024 begins on TBA.  (This means you have to register for at least one course before this date.)

On-Campus Registration Information

Spring 2024 Registration & Student Progress Report Information Memo (email sent to all students on October 4, 2023) – On Campus & EOL

CCEE Course Schedule | Click here for a list of CE courses per semester.

How to search for Classes: Using the Enrollment Wizard & Using the Online Class Search Tool.

Not Meeting Prerequisites:  Contact the instructor of that course with proof on how the prerequisite has been satisfied.  The instructor will then email Jodie ( along with the student’s ID# requesting enrollment into the course.

How to Add, Drop, and Swap Classes using Enrollment Wizard – Click the link for instructions and information.

EOL Registration Information

Spring 2024 EOL Registration Information

Spring 2024 Registration/Student Program Reports/Advising Information – On Campus & EOL

EOL course list

How to Enroll in EOL Courses

Advising – applies to both EOL and on-campus students

  • Advising Holds:  Every semester, an advising hold is placed on each student’s registration account in the MyPack Portal.  Students are required to submit a progress report before their advisor will release the hold.
  • Student Annual Report– GradWatch Student Login

Auditing a Course

Rules from the Graduate Handbook state:

  • Graduate Degree students – One on-campus audit course is available at no charge when graduate students are registering during the fall or spring semester and are paying for other on-campus coursework. Any additional audited courses will have the same rates as credit courses. The following rules/exceptions apply:
    • Distance Education courses do not qualify as “other on-campus course work” and are not eligible for the free audit.
    • Courses changed to Audit after the 10th day of a fall or spring semester are not eligible for the free audit. New audit courses added after the 10th day are not eligible for the free audit.
    • There are no free audits in the summer sessions.

Requirements:  To audit a course, graduate students must have the approval of their advisor and the course instructor. While auditors receive no course credit, they are expected to attend class. Should an instructor conclude that an auditor has failed to attend, the instructor may assign a grade of “NR” (no recognition given for an audit). Graduate students may audit one course a semester tuition-free; additional audits will require tuition payment.

Form needed to Audit a Course:  Graduate Audit Request Form

  • Audited courses do not count toward the full-time enrollment requirement
  • Audited courses do not count toward the plan of work.

Forms must be APPROVED no later than Census Day.

Inter-Institutional Registration:  Students wishing to enroll in an inter-institutional course must obtain the appropriate approval signatures and complete the Inter-Institutional Approval Form.  Submit the form to the GSC for the DGP signature and to be processed.  Make sure to read the information in the Inter-Institutional Registration link!

Enrollment Calendar

Open enrollment dates and Late registration deadlines.

Academic Calendar

Deadlines, due dates, break and holiday dates, drop/add dates, etc.

Billing and Due Date Calendar

Plus links to how to pay your bill, view your bill, and understand your bill.

CE Graduate Student Calendar

Important Deadlines, Academic Deadlines, CE-GSA/GSA Events, Dept. Events, Professional Workshop Events, etc.

To Integrate into your Google Calendar use your account and click here.

3rd Floor Conference Rooms

Graduate students can view the calendars for the conference rooms listed below. Click the embedded link to view the calendar and add it to your own Google Calendar. You must be logged into your NCSU Google account to be able to view these calendars.

To reserve a date and time, contact Jodie ( 3311c.


First day of class:  January 08, 2023

International Orientation will take place in person at the Talley Student Union on TBA,  2024Specific timing will be added once their schedule is finalized.  New international students on F and J visas should plan to arrive in Raleigh before that date.

Additional information for international students:

Information for New Students

  • The Welcome Page – On-Campus & Online
  • Graduate Student Life – NCSU and the Graduate School offer a wide range of resources and support to help our current graduate students excel.
  • Tuition & Fees:
  • New Student Information Memo – On-Campus
  • New Student Information Memo – Online
  • Suggested Course List – Spring 2024 (On-Campus & Online)
    • Use your account to access.
  • Official Transcripts – send to The Graduate School, 1020 Main Campus Drive, Room 2300A, Raleigh NC 27695-7102
    • The Graduate School accepts online transcripts through ClearingHouse, e-Scrip, Parchment, TrueCopy, and WES.  The email ID used to access these records is
    • Foreign Transcripts – Translating into English: The Graduate School only accepts transcripts that are in English. Many international colleges and universities translate transcripts into English for those students who need this service. A translation must be provided and placed in a sealed envelope by your college or university and bear a seal or signature to indicate its authenticity. If your college or university will not provide a transcript translated into English, then we suggest using an evaluation service. We accept international credential evaluations from members of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators). Others may be acceptable as well, but please check with the Graduate School if a question as to the appropriateness of the evaluation arises. The easiest method of submission would be through AccessWES. Transcripts that are notarized are not considered official unless they were notarized by an official at your university. The University requires that official copies of transcripts that document all prior degrees be on file in the student’s permanent record at NC State. Students are required to provide the Graduate School with official copies of their latest transcript(s) from all universities (official translation required for non-English transcripts) from which the applicant had any degrees awarded, no later than the last day of classes of the first semester they are enrolled. Please note that the Graduate School is unable to return official transcripts that are mailed to the Graduate School. 
    • Transcripts still on the To-Do Checklist:  If you have sent official transcripts but still see this on your checklist, see below:
      • The “pending receipt of…” phrase at the bottom of your acceptance letter and the listing of “graduate transcript” on your task list is referring to the absence of your degree statement with the degree award date.  This happens quite often as many new students are still completing their degree or if the transcript does not include the date when the degree was awarded.   If you have already submitted them, you should receive an update in your myPack Portal within 7-10 business days. These documents are necessary for you to move forward once you have begun your academic career at NC State and are necessary for you to receive a degree from our university. However, they are NOT necessary for you to begin your studies.  So, you can mail them to us when they have been prepared or you can bring them with you when you arrive or have them mailed to you during your first semester and then you can bring them by our office.
  • Unity Credentials – how to set up
  • Immunization & TB Compliance Information from Student Health Services
  • How to Register, Searching for Classes, Adding, Swapping, Schedule Tracking, etc.
  • Housing Information:

On-Campus Housing Options

NC State University Housing is owned and managed by the university. The cost of on-campus housing is usually comparable to off-campus housing and comes with several benefits. The University Housing Office provides comfortable housing in residence hall communities at reasonable prices.  Several residence halls, such as Alexander Hall and Turlington Hall, pair American and international students as roommates. Residence halls also offer unique cross-cultural programs such as ethnic dinners, lectures, and cultural events. E.S. King Village is NC State’s student-family housing complex. The main goal of E.S. King Village is to provide a safe, well-maintained, comfortable living environment with reasonable rental rates.

Please note that NC State University has a requirement that first-year undergraduate students live in on-campus housing.

Off-Campus Housing Options

Raleigh is a rapidly developing city and securing affordable off-campus housing may be a challenge due to the current demand and expense of rental units. Therefore it is important to try and secure accommodations as early as possible. These accommodation options can include rooms in private residences, private apartments, apartments shared by multiple (2-4) occupants, and more. It is reasonable to expect off-campus housing to cost between $250 to $800 per month depending on the number of people sharing the expenses. When looking for housing make sure to consider whether or not the price includes utilities (water, sewer, electricity, gas, internet, etc.) which could increase your monthly costs.

A signed lease (contract) and a security deposit, usually one month’s rent, are also required for most off-campus housing. In addition, utility companies may require an advance deposit to activate their services. Please note that a lease is a legally binding document. Lawyers at NC State’s Student Legal Services can review your lease for free before you sign it to make sure everything is in proper order. More information about your rights as a tenant leasing an apartment can be found on Student Legal Services website. If you have questions, email

NC State University now also provides information about off-campus housing options, including a roommate search portal and suggested resources when considering an off-campus apartment.

Transferring Courses:

1. Students can transfer up to 12 graduate credits with a B or better grade;

2. The transfer hours should not have been used as part of another degree program;

3. The relevance of the transfer hours for the graduate degree curriculum needs to be assessed by the faculty in the graduate major, environmental engineering in your case;

4. Please submit the detailed syllabi for the courses you wish to transfer along with a Transfer Request Form to Jodie Gregoritsch (

New Graduate Assistants (RA, TA, or RA/TA)

CCEE Graduate Student Employment Guide

NC Residency for Tuition Purposes

NC Residency for Tuition Purposes – This page is an excellent resource!!!

If you are applying to a Graduate Program and claim to be an NC resident, follow the instructions on the application and complete your residency determination at Once you have received a validated residency decision from RDS, enter the Residency Determination Number (RCN) into your application. If you are ready to submit your application before completing your RDS determination or receiving your RCN number, you will have the opportunity to enter it later through your applicant portal. Entering your RCN after submission will not affect your application, but until it is provided, you will be considered an out-of-state applicant.

Tuition & Fees

Tuition and fees remain the same from Fall to Spring.  

Tuition and fees are found on the NCSU Student Service Center page for Graduate Students.

The tuition due date is posted on your bill in the MyPack Portal.  Here is a Billing Due Date calendar.


Health Insurance

Information on the Mandatory Student Insurance Plan

Plan of Work

Information and Instructions –  All students

NEW:  Graduate Plan of Work Guide for Master’s Students in CCEE (On-campus & EOL).

Graduate Plan of Work guide for Doctoral Students in CCEE – coming soon.

Transferring in Credit

Transferring credits from a previous master’s degree (from NCSU or another institution) is done within your Graduate Plan of Work.  Click the Plan of Work Information link for instructions.

Transferring to specific courses from another institution or an NDS program, a Transfer Credit Request form is required.  Submit the form to Jodie Gregoritsch (

Leave of Absence

NC State Graduate programs require “continuous enrollment” to remain in the programs…continuous in spring and fall, summer exempted.  Students needing a semester “off” for pretty much any valid reason may take a leave of absence (LOA) for up to two semesters, consecutive or NOT, over the lifetime of their degree pursuits. There is a formal process for requesting and approval of said leave of absence.

Complete and sign a Leave of Absence Form.  Return the form to Jodie by emailing the form to  Jodie will have the DGP review and sign the request before forwarding to the Graduate School.


Informational links on the exam processes are below.  Each link provides information, instructions, and required forms.



ETD Guide

ETD Deadlines

ETD Submission Process – Explains how the ETD deadlines work and provides scenarios of what deadlines to meet when you are planning to graduate.

NC Residency

NEW:  Tuition Remission for Domestic Out-of-State Students

Domestic Out of State Graduate Students are eligible for the Graduate Student Support Plan and receive two semesters of tuition remission (difference between out-of-state tuition and in-state tuition). These students are expected to start residentiary actions immediately upon arrival on campus and apply for NC residency upon completion of 365 days in NC. Depending upon the timing of arrival in NC, students may need additional time beyond two semesters to obtain NC residency as they await to apply and receive residency reclassification decisions from the Residency Determination Service (RDS). The Graduate School has created a new “Residency Status Notification form” for students waiting to apply for residency or to receive a residency decision from RDS to request an extension for tuition remission payment for the semester. The Graduate School plans to send the form to domestic GSSP-eligible students for the upcoming semester with a copy to the respective departmental DGP/GSC. DGPs/GSCs do not need to submit a GSSP exception request for these students.

For the students who respond, we will coordinate with the Cashier’s Office to extend the payment deadline for the tuition remission. The GSSP process will post the Instate tuition and enroll them in the RATA Insurance plan. The student will be responsible for payment of fees, premium tuition, or any other charges on their account by the required deadline. Once the student is reclassified as “Instate”, the out-of-state tuition will be removed from the student bill. 

Information on the NC Residency process can be found here:

That link is a great resource!!

Current graduate students applying for residency next year: Begin completing your residentiary acts (outlined below in the Basic Requirements of Residency) about a year before you will be applying for residency. You will need to wait until you have lived in North Carolina for 365 days before applying through the RDS system or you will automatically receive a determination of out-of-state. If you do apply too early, you can log back into your RDS account and Request a Reconsideration once you have met the 365-day requirement.

If you have received NC Residency status, there is an important step a lot of students forget about updating your RDS Determination with NCSU!!

Updating your RDS determination with NC State: If your RDS decision or expiration date has changed since you originally provided NC State with your Residency Determination Number (RCN) number, you will need to complete the residency form in your applicant portal, or update it through NC State’s self-service residency page by:

  • logging into the MyPack Portal
  • navigating to your Student Homepage
  • clicking on the Personal Information tile
  • selecting ‘Residency Information’ from the left-hand navigation
  • entering your RCN in the corresponding text box, selecting “Save RCN” and then “Request Residency Data”

NOTE: You must have a Unity ID to log in to access this page.


To be reimbursed, you will complete a purchase request form and send it along with a paid receipt to Once received, the accounting team will process the reimbursement as quickly as possible.


Ceremony Information

University Commencement -December 16, 2023 at PNC Arena

CCEE Department Graduation – Fall 2023 – Friday, December 15, 2023, at 10:00 am, McKimmon Center.

Guest Tickets


  1. Apply to Graduate
  2. Graduate Plan of Work – must be submitted and approved.
  3. Doctoral Required Forms – All required forms are due by the Apply to Graduate Deadline
  4. Update Directory Information

Master’s Degree – Summary of Requirements for Graduation

Doctoral Degree – Summary of Requirements for Graduation

CCEE Information

No registration is required by graduates.  Tickets for guests will be required.

  • Complete the request for guest tickets using the link on the CCEE Graduation page.
    • There are two different ticket types:  One for Graduate Students and One for Undergraduate Students.

Deferring the “Graduation Walk”:

  • Department Ceremony:  Deferring the Graduation Walk will NOT be permitted for May (spring) Graduation Ceremonies.  Graduates can only postpone their graduate walk to December.  If you wish to defer your participation in the graduation ceremony to the following ceremony, you must notify the GSC ( via email.
  • University Ceremony (doctoral students only – hooding ceremony):  Contact the Graduation Coordinator at the graduate school.  NOTE:  graduates will only be listed in the ceremony they graduated in.



Degrees on transcripts:  Degrees are posted on the transcript beginning one week after the graduation date.  Degrees are conferred for up to 30 days after the graduation date depending on when the College’s Graduation Coordinator as cleared a student for graduation. Therefore, note that it can take up to 30 days before a transcript will reflect the degree award date.

Access to Unity Account after Graduation

  • Access to Google Workspace
    • In the spring of 2021, Google announced that it would discontinue unlimited storage for education institutions, which significantly impacted NC State Workspace users. Due to the new storage limitations, the decision was made to offer students the opportunity to retain an affiliation with NC State with an alumni email-only account.
    • Until you hear from OIT, you may continue to use your NC State student Google account.
    • OIT plans to go live with the alumni email domain for the fall 2021 graduating class and then offer this service on an ongoing basis to student graduates. This includes students graduating from either undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
      In addition, students who graduated earlier (between May 2010 and current) will be contacted after current graduates and offered an alumni account.
    • These alumni accounts will have a “unityid @” email address.
    • Students will also be given the option to transfer a copy of their My Drive files and emails to a personal Google account and will receive instructions on how to do so.
    • Students will retain access to their student Google account (@ for six months after graduation, at which time it will be disabled.
    • Students, especially earlier graduates, should review their storage usage and delete, move, or export files and emails that are no longer needed.
  • Access to Other IT Services
    • For one month after graduation, new graduates will have access to:
      • campus-based file space and other services, eduroam, and the Virtual Private Network (VPN) service.
    • New graduates will not be able to log in to public workstations in campus computing facilities; e.g., Unity labs.
  • Access to MyPack Portal
    • New graduates are allowed to log in to the MyPack Portal Self-Service page to access their student information, but access to other items within the portal may change; e.g., the ability to register for classes.
    • Access to the portal remains until the account is deleted from the system.
  • Financial Resources for International Graduate Students
  • Social Security Numbers:  OIS – Important information on Social Security
    • A Social Security number (SSN) is a number issued by the U.S. Federal government for tax purposes. All students and scholars who are currently employed are required to apply for an SSN. Students in F-1 or J-1 status who are not currently employed are not eligible to apply for an SSN. F-2 dependents are not eligible for an SSN; J-2 dependents are only eligible if they’ve applied for and received work authorization from USCIS. The SSN is NOT required to obtain an NC State driver’s license or to open a bank account with some financial institutions.
    • Please note:  New international students/scholars must first attend a scheduled check-in with OIS before applying for an SSN so OIS can activate/validate the SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 record. After check-in, OIS recommends the student or scholar to wait at least five days before applying for the SSN. OIS also recommends that new students/scholars wait 10 days after arrival to the U.S. before applying since the Social Security Administration must confirm the port-of-entry details posted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry (there is a delay of up to 10 days for that interface to occur).
  • CPT (Curricular Practical Training) Applications
    • All CPT requests will go through OIS’s GlobalHome system.
    • CPT is approved for summer only.  Any CPT request during the fall or spring is considered on a case-by-case basis and is extremely strict and regulated.  If a student wants to be considered for a CPT during a normal academic semester,
  • U.S. Tax Information
  • Taxes – Appointments with NC State Foreign Tax Specialist
  • International Compensation & Taxation (ITC)

Admission to the Graduate School

Towards the end of your bachelor’s program, you must formally apply to the master’s program, per deadlines published by the graduate school.  The application must include a completed and signed ABM Plan of Work.  A revised ABM Plan of Work may be needed when applying to the Graduate School.

Transferring Double-Counted Courses

Courses from your ABM Plan of Work submitted at the time you apply officially to the Graduate School must be included in your Graduate Plan of Work which is submitted through the MyPack Portal. If you have any questions or need any help, do not hesitate to reach out to the GSC, Jodie Gregoritsch (

Transferring Extra Grad-level Courses Taken as an Undergrad

To transfer a course completed with a grade of B or higher and not used as a requirement for your undergraduate degree, you submit a Transfer Credit Request Form.  Once the form is completed, you email it to the GSC, Jodie Gregoritsch.  The DGP signature will be obtained and the form will be forwarded to the Graduate School by the GSC.


Student View

View information regarding GSSP support from the Student Homepage in the MyPack Portal.

  1. Login to the MyPack Portal and access the Student Homepage.
  2. Select the “Student Accounts” tile available under the Student Homepage.
  3. Select the “Graduate Support Plan” option available in the left-hand plane.

This GSSP information will allow students to view their GSSP eligibility, their final support term, their current term support, and upcoming term support (including if you meet the criteria).

Detailed information: Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP)

RA/TA Orientation Slides (Fall 2023)

GA Checklist & Information

The Graduate Assistantship (GA) checklist can help complete all required and optional actions upon receiving their assistantship appointment.

Graduate Assistantships Overview

Overview:  Includes information on types of assistantships, Eligibility (domestic & international), and Benefits.

Employment Guide & Helpful Links

CCEE Graduate Assistantship Employment Guide:  For new and returning Graduate Assistants (RA, TA, RA/TA).  Information for Fellowship holders is included in the guide as well.

Biweekly Pay Schedule

New Student Employees:  from the University Controller’s Office (Payroll Dept.).  Very helpful information here on direct deposit, tax withholdings, the Employee Self-Service (MyPack Portal), etc.  Check it out!

W2 Information

If no longer with NCSU and need your W2 click here.

Direct Deposit Information

Direct deposit is mandatory for both fellowships and stipends.

For RA/TA Stipends:  Enroll for direct deposit through MyPack Portal > Employee Self Service > Payroll & Compensation

For Fellowships and/or refunds: Click here.

Student Fees

Tuition and Fee Schedule for Fall 2023-Spring 2024

Billing and Due Dates

Instructions on how to enroll in Payroll Deduction.

  • Full-time or part-time fees
  • Fellowship holders – not eligible.

Other payment options: 

Graduate Office Policy

Graduate Office Space comes from the request of a student’s advisor or P.I.  to the Graduate Programs Office.

Graduate Office Policy – READ THE INFORMATION HERE.

RA/TA Health Insurance

RA/TA Health Insurance Plan

Only students eligible for the Graduate Student Support Plan are eligible for the NC State RA-TA health insurance plan.

Student Blue (BCBS of NC) is the health insurance provider for the NC State Graduate Student Support Plan. Please contact them directly at 1-800-579-8022 regarding your health insurance benefitsdependent enrollment, and any other questions related to your health insurance policy. Please keep in mind that the Graduate School simply manages overall Graduate Student Support Plan eligibility and payment for the overall plan.


Register for Blue Connect once you have received your health insurance information from Student Blue (Subscriber & Group numbers). Student Blue Member Services allows participants to manage their policy online, including reviewing claims and printing a temporary card.

If you need to retrieve your policy information (subscriber, group, pharmacy bin numbers) because you did not receive your health insurance cards or they were lost or stolen, please contact Student Blue customer service at 1-800-579-8022. The Graduate School does not keep a record of individual subscriber numbers.

Please be sure to keep your mailing address updated in the MyPack Portal and with Student Blue (1-800-579-8022). Your mailing address in the MyPack Portal is transmitted to Student Blue for your enrollment in the GSSP health insurance plan at the beginning of each spring and fall semester.

When a student is no longer eligible for GSSP:

  • Students with a previous master’s degree who roll off of GSSP will continue to be eligible for the RA/TA insurance for three additional consecutive semesters.  GSSP eligibility criteria need to be met to receive the insurance.
  • Students without a previous master’s degree who roll off of GSSP will continue to be eligible for the RA/TA insurance for one additional consecutive semester.  GSSP eligibility criteria need to be met to receive the insurance.

When a student graduates, their insurance (RA/TA) policy ends on these semester dates depending on what term you graduate:  Fall:  12/31/; Spring 07/30.

Duration of Unity ID and accesses:  There is a 21-day grace period after the last date of employment listed in the HR system during which time an employee’s Unity account will continue to function normally.  Graduating students have one month after graduation.  So it depends on which goes longer.  See additional information on Extended Access for New Graduates.

Purchasing & Reimbursement Information

When making a purchase or requesting reimbursements, etc, please send all requests to

We have several staff that check this email box daily. This will eliminate any confusion and/or inefficiencies. Please do not send requests directly to other staff members.

As a reminder, the First and Preferred method of purchasing is the Marketplace.

  1. MarketPlace (MP)We get substantial cost reductions from Vendors in MarketPlace. Please make sure to include the business purpose in the comments of the order for audit purposes.
  2. PurchaseCard (PCard) If the vendor is not available in MarketPlace, please complete a Purchase Request form.


This form is necessary for auditing purposes. Please make sure to include the project number and business purpose.

Please send the purchase form, quote, and any payment link/vendor phone number in your request(s).

  1. Purchase Order # (small voucher) – If Options 1 and 2 are not available, you can purchase with a PO#. Please complete a Purchase Request form.


This form is necessary for auditing purposes. Please make sure to include the project number and business purpose.

Please send the purchase form and quote. When the request is received, we will send you a PO # for you to place the order.


Travel procedures have not changed. The traveler will complete a travel authorization before their trip and file for reimbursement at the end of the travel. Reimbursement should be submitted within 30 days upon return to remain in compliance with University Policy and Procedures. If there are extenuating circumstances to require an exception to this procedure, we will review these on a case-by-case basis.

Policy on the Payment of Student Fees (Effective Spring 2021):

We have to make a change in the way that we provide assistantships to meet federal rules and requirements pertaining to what a graduate assistantship is allowed to cover from certain funding sources. This change affects our current practice of covering 50% of the fees for those on any assistantship appointments (RA, TA, RA/TA) and requires us to change the graduate stipend rate and fee payment process beginning January 2021 so that the change does not cause any revenue deficit for you.

To compensate for the current 50% coverage of the fees, graduate stipends will be increased accordingly and students will be responsible for the full payment of student fees. The new increased stipend amount will cover the normal stipend amount, 50% of the student fee that was covered by the department, and an additional 25% of that fee amount to cover any potential tax burden.

For example, for someone whose current annual stipend is $27,000 and 50% of the annual fees being covered by the department is $2,040, then the new annual stipend will be $27,000 + $2,040 + $510 (i.e., 25% of $2,040). This total amount ($29,550) is rounded up to a $30,000 per year stipend starting January 2021, with no fee being covered by the assistantship appointment. Similarly, if the current annual stipend is $26,400, the new stipend will be $29,400; and if it is $27,600, then it will be $30,600.

***In short, starting spring 2021 all graduate students holding a graduate assistantship (RA, TA, or RA/TA) will receive this new increased stipend and no fee coverage. ***

Students can pay their fees in full before the billing due date OR enroll in payroll deduction through the MyPack Portal.  DO NOT DO BOTH.  Instructions for enrolling in the payroll deduction plan and a revised billing due date calendar are posted below.

Graduate students on fellowship are not eligible for this payroll deduction option; common fellowships include the PDF, L-SAMP, and NSF-GR fellowships

Information from CE-GSA

Grad-Cafe FAQ

Comment Box: May be used for submitting comments, concerns, or issues you would like the department to be aware of.  Submissions will be anonymous.


  1. Complete the purchase request form.
  2. Once completed, send the form along with your receipt to
  3. Once received, the accounting team will process your reimbursement.

Exam Forms

PhD Written Qualifying Exam (to be completed and submitted by student advisor)

Request to Schedule PhD Oral Exam (prelim or final)

Request to Schedule MS Oral Exam

Appointment of External Committee Member

Committee Modification Form

Inter-Institutional Appointment (UNC-CH or Duke)

Academic Forms

Transfer Credit Request

Audit Form

Leave of Absence

Reduced Course Load (International Students) – Information, Instructions, and form

Schedule Revision Requests – Students can submit schedule revision requests through the Enrollment Wizard after appropriate deadlines have passed. Some schedule revision actions include adding, dropping, or swapping courses. All requests will be routed to the appropriate department or college officials for review.


All forms requiring the signature of the Director of Graduate Programs (DGP) should be turned in to Jodie Gregoritsch at  DO NOT send forms directly to the DGP.  He will only forward them to me (Jodie).

COE Writing Support Programs

Graduate School Professional Development Programs

Online Professional Development Workshops

The Graduate School Professional Development Team continues to offer support to graduate students and postdocs through virtual platforms. Our offerings include teaching and writing workshops, industry career preparation through our A2i program, and more. We will continue to add programming, so please share our workshops page with grad and postdoc trainees in your department. Contact Vanessa Doriott Anderson with questions.

CCEE Graduate Professional Development

This office provides professional development support for all graduate students in the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering at NCSU.  Here you will find online workshops, individual student support, and resources for research skills, professional skills, and career support.

Pack Recovery Information Folder:  About Substance Use & Recovery

The NCSU Prevention Services on Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) team has put together a virtual information folder about recognizing signs/symptoms of substance misuse, ways to support, and appropriate referrals for students.

Pack Recovery Folder

SNAP Benefits for Graduate Students (Domestic)


Step 1: consult this website to confirm your gross income (i.e., monthly stipend) falls below program threshold levels:  Note: The current threshold is $2148 which means that, for a single person, if your stipend is less than $19,332, you may be eligible.

–          If you have questions about eligibility, please send the following information to to confirm eligibility before submitting your application

o   Copy of the class schedule

o   Copy of the GSSP contract

o   Copy of the last two pay stubs

o   Any additional financial aid offer you have received

o   If you live in off-campus housing, a copy of your lease

Step 2: Once you have determined eligibility, complete the SNAP application pdf form located here:

–          Please note: Signature on page 8 and full address and phone number are required.  (They have to return the application if this step is missed)

Step 3: Email the following packet of information to Melissa Bakr []

o   Completed SNAP Application

o   Copy of the class schedule

o   Copy of the GSSP contract

o   Copy of the last two pay stubs

o   Any additional financial aid offer you have received

o   If you live in off-campus housing, a copy of your lease

If you do not receive any communication from her within 5 business days, that means you have been approved and you should receive your ebt/debit card in the mail within 5-10 business days.  If you do not receive your ebt/debit card in the mail within 5-10 business days, reach back out to Melissa Bakr who can check on your status.

For more information, see NC DHHS: Food and Nutrition Services Food Stamps


Pack Essentials

Global Engagement

Student Ombuds Office

NCSU Vaccine Information


Academic Category:


P/F vs. S/U:  P/F is different from S/U; the latter is the “Covid grade.”

Changing a course to P/F will not allow you to transfer it to grad school nor it will allow you to double count it since P/F is not considered a grade.

While opting for S/U (if you get S) technically is considered “transferable” or “double-countable” it is not encouraged because it indicates a lack of performance; of course, all grades are considered when admitting a student to the graduate portion of the ABM program.

Note:  The Graduate School looks at the grades of double-counting courses very closely and at times the decision for admission may be out of the department. At the end of the day, Graduate School admits students to the graduate program.


If not admitted to the graduate program through the ABM route, students can always pursue a graduate program through the traditional track in our department; the only downside is that you will not get the benefit of double counting.

Current students must see, speak to, and/or email their academic adviser before the term advising hold will be lifted. If there is no adviser assigned to you, please contact the GSC (Jodie Gregoritsch at about being assigned an adviser. A registration memo for each semester is posted on the CCEE Graduate Student Central

Students must be enrolled in Nine (9) hours every semester. Once students have reached the required hours for their degree (30-31 for masters & 72 for doctoral), they will be considered full-time until they complete their thesis or dissertation provided they enroll for at least three (3) hours. If students are unsure, they can (1) check their PackPortal for the number of completed hours or (2) ask the Graduate Program Coordinator (Jodie).

Create your Plan of Work in MyPack Portal (MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Planning and Enrollment Tile Tile> Graduate Plan of Work). You may save in-progress work and submit it at a later date. You may make changes at any time up until submission. Detailed instructions for entering the POW are available here.

We recommend that master’s students submit their plan of work after the completion of 18 hours of coursework and that Ph.D. students submit their plan of work when ready to take their preliminary exams. Students should begin their plan of work in their second semester and keep it at the pending stage while they go through their program until the appropriate time to submit. More information on the CCEE Plan of Work can be found on CCEE Graduate Student Central.

No. Only list courses that apply toward your degree requirements. Students should not list more courses/hours above those required. For example, Masters students should only list the 30-31 hours of coursework that earns them their degree. Doctoral Students should list 72 hours of courses and research that earn them their degree. It is not necessary to list research hours beyond the 72 hours.

You may add a course that is restricted or needs departmental approval if you contact the instructor via email and get written permission to enroll– clearly explain why you cannot self-enroll and/or how you meet the prerequisites for the course you wish to be enrolled. Once you have written approval, forward the email to so the Graduate Programs Coordinator can manually process your course enrollment.

The Graduate School requires students to complete and submit an Audit Request form AFTER registering for the course using Enrollment Wizard. Completed forms should be submitted to the Graduate School for processing, at IMPORTANT: audit request forms should be submitted to the Graduate School before Census Day.

Financial Category:

Student fees are determined by the number of credit hours students are registered for. First-semester students have extra fees for their first semester only. What a student pays in fees is posted on CCEE Graduate Student Central under Current Graduate Students>Tuition & Fees

There are two possibilities:

Tuition is paid when all GSSP eligibility requirements are met. If a student has a tuition balance, the student 1. may not have been the eligibility criteria or 2. is no longer GSSP eligible. The Dept’s share of student fees (50%) are not processed until after Census Day. It is normal for a balance to be on a student’s account/bill until final fee payments are processed.